Brain Injury Rehabilitation Support Team (BIRST) is a community-based support program. BIRST serves individuals with Brain Injuries, Neurocognitive Disorders (NCD), and/or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Mental Health Services Provided:
- Person Centered Care
- Specialized Outpatient Therapy
- Specialized Case Management Services
- Physical/Occupational Therapy Supports
- Vocational Assistance
- Regional Training (Offered to the Community)
- An important aspect of awareness and treatment is education.
- BIRST offers Regional Trainings to expand knowledge on Brain Injuries, Neurocognitive Disorders, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Individuals must meet all of the following admission criteria:
- Be a resident of the Region 5 service area
- Is eighteen (18) years of age or older
- Has a diagnosis of a Neuro-Cognitive Disorder, Brain Injury, or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
For more information, please contact [email protected]
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis, call:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 or 988
Crisis Textline: 741-741
Regional Crisis Line (757) 656-7755